Your Most Influential Summer Experience
China is regarded as the engine of global economic growth. As the world’s fastest growing major economy, the largest exporter and the second largest importer, it is inevitable to develop a relationship with this superpower. The Business in Modern China Summer Program is your tool to establish a link in the academic, cultural, linguistic and economic aspects with the Middle Kingdom.
By participating in the program, your summer in China is not restricted to classroom learning and exploring cultural aspects of the country – they are definitely not enough for you to know or understand such an important nation in depth. The second part of the program will let you experience the business world in China by putting you in a group working on projects with a multi-national company or a dynamic startup for a four-week internship.
Highlights of the 2018 Business in Modern China Summer Program:
- Two-week study at the University of Shanghai for Science and Technology you will be immersed in a series of courses about business in China which will be delivered by respected USST professors or highly experienced practitioners in the fields. The courses will provide you with the necessary context and foundation to excel at your internship. Upon successful completion of the courses, you will receive credits which may be transferred back to your home institution.
- Four-week internship working in groups on projects with the Shanghai area offices of Fortune 1000, China Fortune 1000 or Financial Times Europe 500 companies or in a local startup. The choice is decided by you. You will have the extraordinary opportunity to learn how businesses are running in China, present project outcomes directly to company’s management teams and experience working in a team with talents from different origins and expertise.
- Optional Mandarin course: optional Mandarin classes one-on-one or in small groups can be arranged to help you learn and master the intriguing Chinese language
- Networking events: activities to put you in connection with the local business community – useful in building up your own networks.
- Corporate visits: visits to Shanghai companies to give you additional business exposure.
- Optional excursions to other cities: short trips to other cities to explore the unique Chinese culture – putting you in real-life situations to speak and practice the Chinese language
- Business in Modern China Summer Program
- Program Overview
- University of Shanghai for Science and Technology
- Program Details
- Tuition and Fees